Thursday, May 10, 2007

Gospel reading for Thursday

The following is today's Gospel at Mass. It contains one of my favorite lines in all of Scripture: "I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete".


Gospel - Jn 15:9-11

Jesus said to his disciples:
“As the Father loves me, so I also love you.
Remain in my love.
If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love,
just as I have kept my Father’s commandments
and remain in his love.“

I have told you this so that
my joy might be in you and
your joy might be complete.”

4 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. That is a great gospel, I don't think I ever payed attention to that line before.

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you have an interesting visitor last night?

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

er?

 
At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener.... Dwell in me, as I in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself, but only if it remains united with the vine; no more can you bear fruit, unless you remain united with me... (John 15:1)

I am the Vine and you are the branches. Anyone who dwells in me, as I dwell in him, bears much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:4)


These are some of my favorite lines from scripture. I thought it was cool that FG shared one of his favorite lines from scripture.

Anyone else?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home