Saturday, March 31, 2007

'Can I get a witness?'

Last night, we meditated on the Stations of the Cross and exposed the Eucharist for an hour of Adoration in the Church, as we have been doing every Friday night during Lent. Several of our fourth graders came to Adoration with their parents, and were very reverent and prayerful throughout the hour. At the end of the hour, I processed the Eucharist through the Church, giving benedictions to sections of the congregation. Another great experience with Jesus in the Eucharist, but especially with bringing his young ones to Him.

One of them emailed me last night- this is quite a witness from a 10 year old!


Dear Father Greg,
Thank you for inviting me to Adoration.I enjoyed it a lot. It was almost as if Jesus was looking at me, and He was. I could actually feel Him looking at me. It made me feel very, very, VERY happy, and a little sad. Do you ever cry because you are so happy? (Do not answer that). Well, that feeling happened to me. I was trying very hard not to cry, but I did when I got in the car. I call that feeling "The Happy Sad Feeling". Again, thank you for inviting me to Adoration. I had a "good time".

11 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How CUTE! What a sweetie!

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fr. Greg;

Ever thought about podcasting your homilies and adoration reflections???

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is podcasting?

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's is part of the sixth day prayer of the Divine Mercy Novena-

Today bring to Me the Meek and Humble Souls and the Souls of Little Children,

and immerse them in My mercy. These souls most closely resemble My Heart. They strengthened Me during My bitter agony. I saw them as earthly Angels, who will keep vigil at My altars. I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace. I favor humble souls with My confidence.

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fr.-
Have you done any work with the Children of Hope organization?

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Father Greg,
What a beautiful witness from a child. I would say that this child describes his/her feelings during adoration/benediction as exactly my experience. It is so awesome that a child knows this love at such a young age. I weep the entire time during adoration/benediction. This child describes the exact experience. It is overwhelming to experience Christ's love and mercy.

You were able to introduce this experience to my family last year. I will never forget the sight of my 14 year old adoring Christ. Thank you for tirelessly reaching out to children, the youth, and everyone who longs to know Jesus.

May Jesus continue to strengthen you and fill you with His graces.

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to take a break from the Gtown game, too nerve racking-

The Children of Hope is an organization that was started by a priest who is dedicated to bringing children to Christ through Eucharistic Adoration. There are some good arguements as to why parents should bring their kids to Adoration on their website, and I actually looked to it for guidance when contemplating bringing my kids to Adoration for the first time. There's also a bio on the organization's patron(forget the name). If you get a chance, read it and see if his lifework is slightly reminscent to that of anyone you know.

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe Georgetown lost... arrg.

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question-
kids in the school who aren't Catholic are required to go to confession during the times when their classes attend. Do they receive absolution? I had always thought confession in a Catholic church was only for those who had been baptized Catholic.

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! That does not sound right.

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband is not Catholic but went to Catholic school for many years. It was not required for him to attend Mass or Confession.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home